The life expectancy of people has increased because of the availability of better health services. Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation Physical Therapy is one of the effective methods to help the body in the healing process.
Stimulation of muscular motor nerves is done by applying a low voltage waveform through conductive pads which are placed at strategic points on the body. Generally, people opt for neuromuscular electrical stimulation therapy due to various reasons:
- It is used to imitate the body’s central nervous system.
- The blood circulation is enhanced by this therapy.
- It helps in the prevention of venous thrombosis where immediate post-surgical stimulation of calf muscles is done.
- Paralyzed people often use these to tone muscles, blood flow, improve muscle movement, and as mentioned to vastly reduce the tiring of the muscles.
- This therapy is used for providing relaxation of muscle spasms.
- It can also help to reduce swelling over the affected areas.
This therapy works by sending actuation through the nervous system into our muscles making them contract. These are connected by electrode pads. These EMS devices are often prescribed by doctors in order to prevent body muscle disintegration in people who have experienced surgical operations or serious injuries. Hence, this is one of the most important chiropractic therapy which can reduce your dependencies on various medications.